Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Recipe
I like peanut butter, chocolate and cheesecake. So i thought that if I put them all together I could have three favorites in one dessert. So I gave it a try and this cheesecake (peanut butter with chocolate chips mixed intot he batter and topped with chocolate) is what i got. It's really good, and sure to make anyone who loves chocolate and peanut butter happy!
Prep time: 40 minutes
Bake time: 45 minutes
Cool time: 45 minutes (15 minutes; Then 30 minutes)
Chill time: 4 hours
1 sticks (1/2 cup or 8 tablespoons) of unsalted butter; melted
40 chocolate graham cracker squares (approximately 2 cups); crushed
1 tablespoon white sugar
24 ounces cream cheese (softened at room temperature)
1 cup Peanut Butter
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 whole eggs
1 egg yolk
¼ cup milk
1 cup Chocolate Chips
1 ounce (2 tablespoons) brown sugar
1 cup sour cream
1 cup chocolate chips
1. In a large bowl mix crushed graham crackers, melted butter and sugar until incorporated.
2. Press mixture into the bottom a 9-inch springform pan.
1. In a large mixing bowl using an egg beater or standing mixer beat cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla until combined.
2. Add peanut butter. Mix until combined.
3. Add whole eggs and the egg yolk all at once. Beat at low speed until combined.
4. Stir in milk.
5. Stir in Chocolate Chips.
Topping: (make this after cheesecake is baked, while it is cooling)
1. In a small sauce pan over low heat melt together sour cream, brown sugar, and chocolate chips.
2. Constantly whisk together until melted smooth. (It will take some time before the chocolate starts to melt so be patient.)
1. Pour cream cheese/ peanut butter/ chocolate chip mixture into crust-lined pan.
2. Place on a cookie sheet.
3. Bake in 375 degree f for 35 to 45 minutes or until center appears nearly set when shaken a little.
4. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes.
5. Make topping while cake cools.
6. Drizzle lightly, or spread completely, the chocolate topping over the top of the cake. Cool for 30 minutes.
7. Allow to cool completely before chilling in refrigerator for at least 4 hours before serving.
More recipes by Edgar Arkham
- Three Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
I love making homemade ice cream. I thought I would share some of my personal recipes and see if you like them as much as I do.
- Rhubarb Pie with Strawberries and Homemade Whipped C...
I didn't like rhubarb pie until I had it with another fruit added. This is the way I make it with strawberries. Thought I would share it and my homemade whipped cream. Enjoy.
- Sour Cream Pumpkin Pie
Here is a great recipe for a tasty sour cream pumpkin pie. Enjoy!
- Easy Homemade Almond Coffee Cake
Here is an easy recipe for almond coffee cake. Enjoy!
- Chocolate Cheesecake With Chocolate Graham Cracker C...
This is my recipe for a chocolate cheesecake. Enjoy!