Easy Homemade Peanut Butter Coffee Cake Recipe
- Prep time: 15 min
- Cook time: 35 min
- Ready in: 50 min
- Yields: 6-8 slices
Do you enjoy using Peanut butter in different recipes?
Experimenting with different ingredients allows you to do two things: One) You can be very creative when it comes to a meal or a treat or any menu item, and Two), It lets you use substitutes for other ingredients if you have an allergy, or a particular preference for the main ingredient.
Of course, when it comes to peanut butter, there is more fear of that being the ingredient that needs to be replaced in many recipes, because there are people who have an allergic reaction to it. But, when it comes to a simple food preference, I happen to love peanut butter and if I can use it in a recipe that usually don’t showcase it as a flavor, I try my best to use it.
Now, I’ve made peanut butter ice cream and peanut butter cheesecake before, but I haven’t used it in a coffee cake before, although I’ve used other ingredients such as almonds, and instant coffee for making coffee cakes. I thought that perhaps an interesting use of peanut butter could for coffee cake. I have seen an recipe for a pumpkin peanut butter coffee cake, and thought well let’s try the peanut butter by itself and see how that goes.
Now, you can use almond butter or cashew butter for this recipe if you don't want use peanut butter. But, whichever one you use, you'll have a tasty alternative to your standard, normal coffee cake.
2 cups of all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon of double acting baking powder
¼ teaspoon of salt
½ cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter
½ cup of creamy peanut butter (or cashew or almond butter)
1 cup of whole milk
¼ cup of white sugar
¼ cup of brown sugar
1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
2 whole eggs
Butter flavored cooking spray
1 Large baking dish or pan
1 medium loaf pan
About a foot (or 12 inches) Parchment paper
1. Pre-heat the oven 350 degrees f.
2. In a small or medium mixing bowl sift together the all-purpose flour, the baking powder, and the salt.
3. Using a standing mixer (you can also use a large mixing bowl and egg beater), cream the unsalted butter, the creamy peanut butter, the white sugar, and the brown sugar.
4. Mix them together until they are light and fluffy.
5. Add the one cup of milk and the pure vanilla extract to the bowl and mix together.
6. Add the eggs, one at a time (make sure that each egg is fluffy incorporated before add next one to the bowl).
7. Add the flour, powder and sat mixture in thirds; mixing well before add the next third of the flour.
8. If you are using a baking dish, spray it with the butter flavored cooking spray.
9. If you are using the loaf pan, line it with the parchment paper.
10. Pour the peanut butter coffee cake batter into pan.
12. Pour the batter into the loaf; filling it about half way. I have done both the pan and the loaf pan to show you both ways.
13. If using the baking dish, bake the coffee cake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
14. If using the loaf pan bake the coffee cake for 40-45 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
15. Let the cake cool completely before cutting and serving.