Peanut Butter Cups
Rate My Recipe
Medium Microwave Safe Bowl
Muffin Pan or other mold
Candy cup papers ( optional)
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter, Not "Natural"
- 2 TBSP Butter, Salted or unsalted
- 1/8 tsp Salt, Optional
- 18 oz Chocolate, Milk, semi - sweet, etc mix and match as desired
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- Peanut Butter Filling - Add 1/2 C creamy pb, 2 TBSP Butter and 1/8 tsp Salt to Glass bowl ,Microwave for 1 minute, Stirring every 20 seconds. Remove from Microwave Add 1/2 C Powder Sugar Stir
- Chocolate 18oz chocolate ( Milk, dark, etc) Feel free to mix different types 1TBSP Shortening Melt in double boiler
- Assembly Put the PB filling in pastry bag for easy delivery pour 1 tsp chocolate into bottom of cavity ( Mold, cupcake pan, etc) Bang pan on counter to level chocolate fill tsp with PB filling, add PB filling to center of chocolate (or use pastry bag for less clean up) Repeat until finished Spoon melted chocolate over top of peanut butter Bang on counter to flatten again, add additional chocolate if needed
- Refrigerate 20 mins Store in refrigerator until ready to eat since chocolate is not tempered.