- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Peanut Butter Ice Cream Recipe
I really like peanut butter. Any time I can use it for something (cookies, pies, cake or whatever) I give it a try. I used to make peanut butter milkshakes, and stir peanut butter into vanilla ice cream. So I thought that after I got an ice cream make at a garage sale I would try my hand at peanut butter ice cream.
Ice Cream Ingredients:
4 oz. of creamy peanut butter (room temperature.)
¼ cup of heavy whipping cream
¼ cup of white sugar
1 and 1/8 teaspoon or up to 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract (by preference)
1 cup of heavy whipping cream
¾ cup of white sugar
1/8 teaspoon of salt
6 egg yolks, whisked
2 cups of heavy cream (for after custard is made)
1. Mix together peanut butter, sugar, cream and vanilla.
2. Cover and chill in fridge while you make the custard.
3. In a medium saucepan or medium-sized pot over medium/medium high heat, add sugar, salt and cream and cook and stir until sugar is melted and mixture is hot. Temper the yolks into mixture: [when cream mixture is hot, add ¼ to ½ of the mixture slowly to the yolks and whisk until eggs are warm], and then add egg yolk and cream mixture back into the pot and cook over medium/medium high heat while constantly stirring until thick or for about 3-5 minutes.
4. Stir constantly. Do not let mixture boil or sit unstirred—this will cook the eggs and separated mixture into dark scrambled eggs and gooey milk syrup!
5. Strain custard through a sieve into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap; pressing the plastic onto custard. This must be done to prevent a film from forming on top of the custard which will make the ice cream mixture snot-like. So completely press down onto and cover custard.
6. Chill the custard in the refrigerator for two hours.
7. After chilling, microwave peanut butter mixture and ½ cup of cream for 30 seconds to 1 minute until it mixes smoothly, but not hot. This is because the peanut butter mixture will be hard and will not mix with the rest of the cream and the custard.
8. Mix the custard, peanut butter mixture and 1 ½ cups of heavy cream together until completely blended.
9. Churn in ice cream machine according to machine instructions.
10. Serve immediately for soft serve ice cream, or chill in the freezer 12-24 hours for harder ice cream.
More Recipes By Edgar Arkham
- Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Here is a recipe for delicious whole wheat chocolate chip pancakes; Healthy and tasty. Enjoy!
- Chocolate Cheesecake With Chocolate Graham Cracker C...
This is my recipe for a chocolate cheesecake. Enjoy!
- Rhubarb Pie with Strawberries and Homemade Whipped C...
I didn't like rhubarb pie until I had it with another fruit added. This is the way I make it with strawberries. Thought I would share it and my homemade whipped cream. Enjoy.
- Three Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
I love making homemade ice cream. I thought I would share some of my personal recipes and see if you like them as much as I do.