Peanut Butter Oatmeal Frozen Greek Yogurt Bar
Now that it's summer time, we all want to enjoy cool and refreshing drinks and snacks to help beat the heat, but we don't necessarily want to sacrifice our health or our families health in order to do so. Most ice cream bars provided in your local grocery store are filled with sugars, high fructose corn syrup, and many other unnecessary ingredients that we should not be putting in our bodies or our children's bodies.
So, in order to keep, me and my family cool this summer I have created this fun, refreshing, and delicious Frozen Greek Yogurt Bar. With no added sugars and all natural ingredients you and your family can treat yourself without sacrificing your health, or your waistline. Even your children will ask for more!
Prep and Freeze time
- 10 g Oats, Use your favorite type of oats (most work well)
- 10 g Natural Peanut Butter, unsalted works best
- 60 g Plain (Non-Fat) Greek Yogurt
- Stevia, add to taste
- cinnamon, to garnish if desired
- Add 10g Oats and 20g water together in a microwavable safe dish. Microwave for 10 seconds.
- Add 10g of Peanut Butter, 60g Greek Yogurt, and stevia and mix together well.
- Place mixture in desired dish (or homemade Popsicle maker) and freeze for 1.5-2 hours.
Facts may vary depending on ingredients purchased
|Serving size: 80g|
|Calories from Fat||54|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 6 g||9%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 12 g||4%|
|Sugar 3 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 10 g||20%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
There are many variations to this recipe; you can add or eliminate any ingredient to fit your nutritional needs (i.e. oatmeal can be eliminated, peanut butter can be added. All variations are delicious).
Have fun, get the whole family involved, and enjoy!