Peanut Butter Shortbread Cookies
Peanut Butter Shortbread Cookie
Are you hungry? Do you want to make something that is tasty? Do you want it to be easy?
This is an easy recipe that looks fancy. It tastes yummy too!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup nuts, ground
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 3-4 bars chocolate candy bars/chocolate bark
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add ground nuts and flour to butter/sugar mixture. Incorporate with mixer until crumbly.
- Put mixture into 9x13 pan. Press down with hands until all dough is even in the pan. If you want a thinner cookie, you can use a larger pan. If you want a thicker cookie, use a smaller pan. Cooking times will need to be adjusted (less for thinner cookie, more for thicker cookie).
- Cook at 300 degrees for 25 minutes (edges will start to brown).
- Remove cookie from oven when done. Place chocolate pieces and drop peanut butter by spoonfuls on top of warm cookie. Let sit for 10-15 minutes to melt the chocolate and peanut butter.
- When both are melted, spread both together all over top of cookie with butter knife.
- Let sit a few minutes and then cut into bars. Let cool. Cookie bars can be placed in the refrigerator if you want the chocolate/peanut butter mixture to harden a bit. Otherwise, it will be softer.