- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes»
- Cookies & Biscuits
Peanut Butter,Chocolate & Cinnamon Cookie Recipe
For those of you that love peanut butter and chocolate, these are the cookies for you. The cinnamon just adds a little more depth of flavour.
Quite often we sit down to relax and just fancy something to have with a cup of coffee. These cookies hit the spot and are a great addition to add to your vanilla ice cream or even make an ice cream sandwich with them.
These peanut butter chocolate cinnamon cookies are easy to make and need no professional cooking experience. So call the kids into the kitchen, break open a bag of flour and in 30 mins you can all sit down to watch your favorite show with some wonderful home made cookies.
Why not make your own peanut butter for this recipe
- 2 Cups plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 Cup butter
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 2 tsp vanilla
Refrigerate your cookie dough for 20-30 mins before forming the cookie balls and baking.
Peanut Butter Cookie information
One of the earliest uses of "Peanut Butter" in a cookie recipe was back in 1913 found in a recipe in the Newark Sunday Call of Newark. The recipe entitled "Prune peanut butter cookies" and yes it contained prunes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. In a medium sized bowl mix the dry ingredients together. Flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, ground cinnamon.
- In a large bowl mix together the butter at room temp. and peanut butter until creamed together. Add the sugars and mix well then add the eggs one by one until blended.
- Keep mixing while adding the flour a little at a time. When all the flour is mixed in finnish off by adding the vanilla.
- Add your roasted peanuts and chocolate and fold in well to distribute the ingredients.
- Place a dessert spoon of mixture on a baking sheet about 2" apart as they will spread and bake for around 15 mins or until golden brown. Remove and allow to cool.
Tools to help you
Silicone baking liners to stop your cookies sticking to the baking sheet, eliminating the difficult cleaning after baking.
A popular Martha Stewart cookie book for many new ideas on baking cookies.
The dream machine, why play around with the plastic toys when you can have a proper machine that will do any job you ask it to.