- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes»
- Cookies & Biscuits
Peanut Butter cup cookies
Delicious spin off the classic peanut butter kiss cookie
Who doesn't love a warm goey cookie right out of the oven? These chocolate, peanut butter crowd pleasers are easy to make and perfect for getting your kids involved in the kitchen.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, slightly softened
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Aprox. 2 bags Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Sift flour, baking soda, and salt with a wire whisk and set aside.
- Beat butter and peanut butter in an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the sugar and beat until fluffy
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture.
- Roll dough into 1 to 1 1/2 inch balls and then roll the balls in sugar to coat.
- Press rolled balls into the cavities of a mini muffin tray. Note: You can bake these in mini muffin papers or directly in the pan.
- Place an unwrapped Reese's peanut butter cup into each dough ball.
- Place in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool.
- (Optional) If your family is made up of choco-holics like mine is you can drizzle your baked and cooled cookies with chocolate. I had a few Hershey Kisses on hand so I melted them in a plastic ziplock bag, snipped off the corner and piped a drizzle over the top. You could also use Chocolate chips or any other meltable chocolate you have lying around the kitchen. Again this step is completely optional.
- Pop the cookies out of the muffin tray, dish them up and enjoy!