Pecan Crescent Cookies
Melt in Your Mouth
Every holiday sweet table in our family includes Pecan Crescents. My mother began making these in the 1950's and I continued to make these beginning in the late 1970's. My daughter Laura always loved to help me make these cookies and now she makes them with her daughter.
Shaped like a crecent moon and topped with powdered sugar they are a pretty addition to every cookie tray. They are light and crispy and melt in your mouth!
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1/2 teas. salt
- 1 cup butter
- 6 tbs. powdered sugar
- 1 teas. vanilla
- 1 cup ground pecans
Procedure (preheat oven to 350 degrees)
- Sift flour once, measure, then sift with salt.
- Cream butter until light.
- Add confection sugar and vanilla, blend well.
- Work in flour, then add nuts.
- Roll into pencil shape 2-21/2 inches long.
- Form into crescents.
- Place on un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
- When cool dust with powdered sugar.