Peep Casserole (yeah, that's a thing) dessert recipe for Spring holidays
Goop's Law: If Candy (C) is Awesome (A), Then C*5^2 + (Melting) / Color Dye Red 3 = 500A
'Twas a cool spring afternoon, while passed out in an alley behind Franki's Tiki Room in Las Vegas, Nev., that Jason Scavone utilized a tricky combination of science and math to come up with a revolutionary idea.
Combining a working knowledge of the controversial Goop's Law with yet another binge drinking spree, the International Raconteur and Future World Q*Bert Champion scrambled together all the necessary ingredients for a peep-tastic surprise: Peep Casserole.
Little did Scavone know that his vision would crystallize and grow to such mammoth proportions it would soon became the official snack for the Health Food Haters National Convention and the Global Coalition of Anti-Dentites as well as the primary cause for an Easter-time spike in adult diabetes.
"This is the only time of the year you can get actual Peeps (not those g#*&%$@!d fake pumpkin Peeps they put out at Halloween)," says Scavone, whose holiday recipe expertise (a.k.a blatant alcoholism ) also overflows in his Mr. Snow Miser winter cocktail recipe. "It's the very definition of a seasonal ingredient."
As Scavone prepares for his Annual Operation Resurrection Easter Party, he gives Hub Pages an exclusive peek at his Peeps.
What you'll need for Peep Casserole
Peeps marshmallow candies
Cadbury Creme Eggs
Cadbury Mini Eggs
Mini chocolate eggs
A good dentist
Peep Casserole. The Recipe. The Resurrection.
- 4 packages chicken or bunny Peeps, in multiple colors
- 8 Cadbury Creme Eggs, (may as well make it 9 since you're probably going to eat one in the car on your drive home)
- A whole mess o' Cadbury Mini Eggs
- A heap of generic chocolate mini eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees.
- Line the bottom of a baking dish with a layer of Peeps.
- Wedge the Creme Eggs in between the Peeps.
- Pour in the Mini Cadbury Eggs and mini chocolate eggs.
- Top with another layer of Peeps.
- Bake until the chocolate is oozy and the tops of the Peeps look nice and toasty (but not burnt).
© 2014 Aleza