Peetha Fry- an Indian Dish
Peetha fry is a delicious south Indian dish.
Peetha fry is a very famous, yummy and nutritious dish in India. It can be cooked for snacks as well as for meal. It tastes great with green chutney.
- 500 grams Wheat Flour
- 250 grams Chick peas
- 1/2 tbs Red Chilly Powder
- 1/2 tbs Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tbs Coriander Powder
- 2 tbs Fennel Seeds
- 1/2 tbs Cumin
- very small amount of Stinking gum
- 2 medium size Onion, sliced
- Coriander leaves, Sliced
- According to taste Salt
- 3 tbs Oil
- Soak chickpeas in water for 5-6 hours.
- Then make paste of chickpeas.
- Add tbs coriander powder, 1/2 tbs red chilly powder, stinking gum and salt to the paste of chickpeas and blend it properly.
- Heat the pan and put oil in the pan.
- Put one 1 tbs fennel seeds, two three sliced green chilly and fry it for 2 minutes.
- Now add the paste of chickpeas and fry it till harden.
- Now cool the paste.
- Add little amount of salt in wheat flour and make hard dough.
- Make small balls of dough.
- Roll the each ball to 4-5 inches.
- Now put the paste of chick peas inside of roll and close the corners tightly.
- Boil water and put the rolls in the boiling water till it soak the water.
- Now cool the rolls and after that cut it into two pieces.
- Now heat the pan and oil.
- Put chopped onion in pan and fry it till it becomes golden brown.
- Add fennel seeds, stinking gum and remaining fennel seeds and fry it for two minutes.
- Put remaining chilly powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder.
- After little fry add the rolls in it and fry it for 5-6 minutes.
- Now your Peetha fry is ready, serve it in the plate and garnish it with coriander leave.
- Eat it with green or sweet chutney.