Perfect Lemon Chicken
Sometimes, the most rustic dish can be so perfect and this classic Greek recipe is no exception. This easy to make dish melts the best Mediterranean flavors together into one of the most tender and delicious chicken recipes you'll ever try, and one taste will have your family saying "Ompa!"
- 4 chicken breasts or 1 quartered chicken
- 2 lemons
- 2 tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 tbsp. fresh rosemary leaves
- 4 cloves fresh garlic (peeled and chopped)
- 1/4 cup green olives (halved)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. rubbed sage
- 1/4 cup manufacturing cream
- salt & pepper to season
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
In a large skillet or saute-pan, heat the olive oil. Meanwhile, season the chicken breasts or chicken quarters with salt, pepper, sage and paprika. Carefully place each chicken piece into the hot pan and brown on all sides. Add the garlic. Once browned, deglaze the pan with the white wine and reduce by half. Add the chicken stock to the pan along with the juice and zest of one lemon, the rosemary leaves, the bay leaf and the olive halves. Cook covered for about 15-20 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 170 degrees. Add the manufacturing cream and chopped parsley and continue cooking for another two minutes. Slice the remaining lemon into wedges and add to the broth right before serving.
Be sure to visit some of my other Perfect Recipe Hubs...
- How to make Perfect Hollandaise - Ever wanted to know how to make hollandaise from scratch? This hub contains all you need to know including a trouble-shooting section.
- How to make Perfect Demi-Glace - Making velvety-rich demi-glace is easier than you think! This demi-glace recipe is based on the classic Escoffier recipe and is formulated to make in your home kitchen.
- Perfect Portobello Mushroom Appetizer - These garlicy sauteed mushrooms are perfect for entertaining! This easy to follow recipe includes a video on how to properly clean and "gill" a portobello mushroom.
- Making Perfect Pesto - This recipe can be made in less than 5 minutes and goes great on pastas, breads, as a marinade or simply to decorate your plate.
- How to cook Perfect Meatballs - Who doesn't love authentic Sicilian meatballs? This hub includes an easy to follow recipe and tips to avoid dried-out meatballs.
- Steamed Mussels in Garlic-Saffron Broth - One of my personal favorites! Serve this one with lots of fresh hot bread.
- Chef Delaney's Perfect BBQ Spice Rub - This versatile rub goes great on anything you want to grill and is my "secret" recipe so be sure not to tell anyone... Well, okay. I guess you can tell a few people.
- The Perfect Oatmeal Lace Cookie - This recipe's a winner. Light and crispy with just the right amount of sweetness, this cookie goes great with ice cream.