Perfect Pulled Pork Recipe for the Slow Cooker or Crock Pot
Rate this recipe
The easiest recipe every
I swear to you this slow cooker recipe is the easiest recipe ever. It really is foolproof I promise! And it is so yummy, the whole family will be fighting over the last bits.
Cooking the pork joint in the slow cooker means it will literally fall apart. It is perfect for all the family and really great for BBQ's and parties. When it's all cooked, just pile it up in a bun and enjoy!
Plus it is a fairly cheap recipe, if you can get a decent price for the pork. I had a large joint for £8 which I cut in half, so got 2 joints out of it, so £4 for this recipe. Then the rest of the ingredients cost me £2.80 and it made enough for 4 people to have 2 rolls each. So for £6.80 you can feed 4 people! Pretty darn good!
- Pork Joint, That fits in Slow Cooker
- 1 Can Coke, real not diet
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 bottle BBQ sauce
- Place the whole joint in the slow cooker, if its tied leave the string on as it will help it stay in one piece while it cooks. Add a whole can of coke and the chopped onion. Put the cooker on low for 11 hours or high for 5.
- After it is cooked, remove the meat and pour out the coke, save the onions with a sieve.
- Return the meat to the slow cooker, (cut the strings now) shred the entire joint with 2 forks. If there is any fat it will probably all fall off at this point, remove and discard.
- When the meat is all shredded, add the onions and a whole bottle of BBQ sauce. Mix it all together and heat for a further hour on low.
- Give it all a good stir and serve on some nice rolls, topped with a bit of cheese! Yum!