- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Perfect easy cookies
Cookies are great as an easy treat, I make them for my daughter, myself, and my family and friends. They're great as a gift to cheer people up, or with coffee and a gossip. In short I love them!
Ingredients and kitchenware
- 6oz / 175g Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 3oz / 75g Salted butter or margerine
- 2oz / 50g Light soft brown sugar
- 3 tbsp Golden syrup
- 4oz / 125g Chocolate chips
- Medium Mixing bowl
- Baking sheet
- Start by sifting together your flour, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Some cookie recipes will say to add salt in this first stage, but using salted butter or margarine means extra salt is not necessary. Add your butter or margerine to the flour.
- Using your finger, rub the butter and flour together until the mixture looks like course bread crumbs. This bit is great fun for kids.
- Add the golden syrup, brown sugar and chocolate chips. You can always swap the chocolate chips for other sweets to make the cookies more to your own taste, my daughter likes caramac cookies. At this point you could also add a couple of ounces of cocoa powder if you like your cookies chocolaty. Mix together until a smooth dough forms.
- Lightly oil your baking sheet and put the oven on at gas mark 5 / 190c / 375f.
- Shape the mixture into small balls and arrange on your baking sheet, leaving some space for expansion between them.
- Bake in your pre-heated oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Allow them to cool slightly, then move them to a wire rack to cool completely. Either serve when cooled or store in an airtight tin or Tupperware box.