- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Peruvian Causa de Atun ( Potato Tuna Loaf) Recipe
Prep time: 1 hour
Cook time: 1 hour
Ready in: 2 hours
Yields: One Loaf,servings depend on slice size
- 2.5 pounds Potatoes, Boiled & Mashed
- 2 cans Tuna, Drained
- 1 Red Onion, Diced
- 1 Cup Mayonaise
- Lemon Juice
- Aji Paste
- Advocado, Sliced
- 1/4 Cup Oil
- Boil unpeeled potatoes until soft. Drain. Let cool enough to touch. Then peel and place in a bowl.
- Add Salt , Pepper, Aji Paste and lemon juice to potatoes. (To taste)
- Add 1/4 Cup of Oil
- Mash above Ingredients with potatoes. Set aside.
- Place drained Tuna in another bowl
- Add 1 cup Mayonaise, 1 chopped red onion and a splash of Lemon or Lime Juice to the tuna and stir.
- Grab a flat cookie sheet & Plastic wrap. Spread plastic wrap on top of cookie sheet. Flatten Mashed potatoes out in a rectangular shape on top of plastic covered cookie sheet.
- Spread Tuna Mixture over the top of the potatoes.
- Place sliced Advocados on top of tuna mixture. ( You may also add additional toppings : tomatoes, boiled eggs, olives
- Now the tricky part: Using the edge of the plastic wrap, gently roll the mixture over until you've reached the other end and have a "loaf" shape, using the plastic wrap to help you lift and roll.
- Chill in the plastic wrap, in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before slicing and serving.
- You may top the slices with sliced , hard boiled eggs, olives and parsley or any other toppings of your choosing.
Spreading the mashed potatoes and tuna mixture
- MORE PERUVIAN RECIPES- Papa(Potato)
This is part 2 of an article on Peruvian Recipes. My husband is from Lima, Peru and Papas a la Huancaina ( Peruvian Potato Salad) & Papa Rellena( stuffed potato) are two of the delicious dishes that he cooks for me as well as teaches me to make.
- RECIPES FROM PERU-PERUVIAN DESSERTS
There are two easy desserts that my husband will make from time to time and they are
- PERUVIAN RECIPES
I am a lucky woman! My husband is from Peru and he likes to cook and every so often he treats me to some authentic Peruvian cooking. My favorites are: Ceviche- a cold seafood dish. It can be made with fish, shrimp, squid and mussels Lomo...