Pesara Pappu (Moong Daal) Recipe - Andhra Style
- Pesara pappu (moong daal) - ¼ cup
- Tomato - (big : 1) (small : 2)
- Onion - (big : ½ ) (small : 1)
- Garlic - 5 flakes
- Fennel Seeds - ¼ tsp
- Chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Asafoetida - 1 pinch
- Curry leaves
- Mustard seeds
salt as per taste
- Wash moong daal neatly.
- Cut tomato & onion into small pieces.
- Smash the garlic to paste.
- In cooker, add moong daal, tomato, onion, chilli powder, turmeric powder, pour water (1/2 or 1 cup).
- Switch off when first whistle comes.
- Take 1 tsp oil in kadai and heat it.
- Add mustard seeds, Asafoetida, fennel seeds, curry leaves, garlic.
- Fry for few seconds.
- Add the cooked daal to the seasoning.
- Add rock salt.
- Let it boil for few minutes.
- Serve it with rice.
This daal is really healthy . Try out this tasteful recipe.