Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich Recipe
Hello everyone! Please clap for me as for once I am not writing this five minutes before bed time (yay!). I have had to mentally delete the sims off of my laptop to achieve this but I'm not too fussed as I was laughably bad and it was no longer fun for me. Now, I can't say I was very productive but I hope writing this article early will lead me to tick other things off my to-do list like practice yoga and calligraphy. But before that I need to do some tidying.
Anyway, today's recipe is my boyfriend's recipe for Philadelphia Cheese Steak Sandwich. We tried it last summer and we loved it! We would absolutely do it more but steaks are just a little outside our budget sadly, but maybe in the future ... This recipe is super simple and contains only five ingredients, however it only serves two. Usually I would suggest things to cook it with, but I don't think you need a side to this, it'll keep you full just as it is! However, I have left the seasoning of the steak up to you, personally, we like it just peppered and salted but do not be afraid to be creative.
I'm sorry this introduction is so short, I hope you like it. As always, please tell me how you cooked it and modified it, I would love to hear!
- 1 large beef steak
- 1 onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 4 slices of cheddar
- 2 sub rolls
- Before starting to prepare the meal, place the steak into the freezer for around 20 minutes to firm up. This makes it easier to cut into pieces.
- After 20 minutes, slice the onion and pepper and fry them in some oil on a low heat. Then, remove the steak from the freezer and slice into thin strips.
- Move the onion and pepper to one side of the pan and turn the heat to high. Fry the strips of steaks in a teaspoon of oil.
- When the steak is cooked, stir it together with the pepper and onion and divide the contents into two halves of the pan before adding the cheese slices on top.
- Toast two sub rolls under the grill and serve when the subs are toasted.