- Food and Cooking»
- Starter & Snack Recipes
Homemade Easy Pickled Sausage Recipe: Beer Food, Party Food
This easy and delicious pickled snack is ready for you to try anytime!
There is nothing better with beer than pickled sausage. Who has time to actually pickle and can meat though. What a hassle.
With my 'Easy Homemade Pickled Sausage' recipe, all the difficult steps are done for you.
- 1/2 gallon Mason Jar with lid.
- 16 oz jar or pepperoncini (banana peppers). Sliced or whole (I like whole)
- 1 small onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 2x fully cooked Mettwurst, Bratwurst, Polish Sausage (each ring should be a pound)
- Wash the mason Jar and lid set aside.
- Dump the juice from the pepperoncini in a bowl and save.
- Dump the pepperoncini in another bowl and save.
- Slice the onion and peel the skin off the garlic cloves.
- Cut the bologna or sausage into 1.5-2" chunks. (stay consistent)
- place some onion slices and pepperoncini at the bottom of the mason jar.
- stack a layer of sausage vertically
- stack a layer of pepperoncini and onion.
- put the garlic cloves somewhere in the middle.
- you should be able to just fit all the pepperoncini, meat, onion and garlic.
- pour the pepperoncini juice in the jar with the rest.
- you should be able to get most of the juice.
- put the lid on and shake and tap the side to get air out.
- put in the rest of the juice
- seal jar and place in fridge for at least a week
MORE COARSELY GROUND SAUSAGE SOAKS UP MORE FLAVOR
Mettwurst is great and possibly even fully cooked bratwurst. Finely ground items such as bologna don't seem to become as flavorful.