- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Pie Filling Brownie
Note from me
It’s hard to call this a recipe. It's more like an addition to a brownie mix. The result is a fruit-infused brownie that offers a slightly gooey factor to a cake like brownie. While any fruit can be used I would stick with the fruit that works well with chocolate (cherries and strawberries). I used generic store brand ingredients because they are much like myself, Cheap. My plan for future brownies includes a blondie mix (either from box or scratch) and several other canned pie filling (those flavors that might not work with chocolate).
- One Box Brownie Mix, Any Style
- Three Eggs, Chicken
- 1/2 Cup Oil, or what your brownie calls for
- 1/4 Cup Water, or what your brownie calls for
- Can Pie Filling, whatever goes with Brownie
Hardware (pan coated with cooking spray)
Make batter according to box (cake-like Brownie)
The first part is to make the brownie batter using the cakelike brownie variation which usually means adding an extra egg (from two to three).
Commit Chicken Murder and mix with water and oil
Mix in Brownie mix
Add batter to the pan spreading it as even as possible. Open the can and using a spoon or fork take out one cherry at a time and add them to the batter. (try and not to add too much of the liquid. The more you add the gooier it will be to the point that the batter won’t bake right.)
Bake according to directions (longest time listed)
- Mix Brownie batter according to directions on box (three egg cake-like recipe)
- spread in pan then dot the batter with the cherries from the can (using a minimal amount of the liquid from the can) As even as possible using all the cherries.
- Bake according to directions at the longest settings and using the toothpick test (also according to directions)
Follow the box
Bake according to the directions using the longest time listed and testing it with the toothpick method (center will appear gooey).
Will you try this?
Baked and ready to cool completely
Another note from me
This is the third time I made this and the second time that I used cherries with the second being strawberries. I have only used canned pie filling. You can try fresh or frozen I just can’t tell you what will happen. The same is true between brownie batter from a box and scratch (although a batter is a batter no matter where it came from). This recipe, as well as the Pie Filling Cake and the Soda, Can Cake are recipes I like to keep because I can keep the ingredients in my pantry. In fact, I would call them my pantry dessert recipes.