Pineapple stuffed chicken thighs wrapped in bacon
Bacon wrapped chicken
I had moved out to Louisiana several months back and upon my arrival I was greeted by my mother in law with this delicious meal for dinner. I soon found out what she had actually done is bought these premade and ready to cook however I decided to buy the ingredients and make these myself adding my own special touch to make these my own and they were incredible. So here I am sharing them here with all my favorite readers here on Hubpages. Please comment and don't forget to come back and rate this recipe.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 c water or chicken broth
- 4 4" sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/8 tsp liquid smoke
- 15 oz can pineapple rings, reserve liquid
- 6 oz or larger jar Maraschino cherries, reserve liquid
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- dash Montreal steak seasoning
- dash Zaterains cajun spice
- Bacon thick cut or regular
How it's done
- Wash chicken and fresh rosemary under cool water in the kitchen sink. Place Rosemary sprigs in a 13x9 glass baking dish.
- With a sharp knife slice thighs almost in half.
- Place a slice of pineapple in the center. You will probably have to half the ring.
- Place 2-4 Maraschino cherries on top of pineapple.
- In a small bowl mix 2 tsp of cherry reserve and 2 tbsp of pineapple juice reserve. Using a tsp drizzle a small amount of juice mixture on top of the pineapple and cherry inside the chicken.
- After you have finished stuffing the thighs, using 2-4 pieces of raw bacon wrap each thigh completely leaving no chicken showing.
- Combine water or chicken broth with liquid smoke and pour in to baking dish.
- Add dry spices on to the top of bacon wrapped chicken I gave an amount however use your best judgement according to your taste buds.
- For a decorative touch add a small piece of pineapple on top of each seasoned thigh.
- Add about 1- 3 tsp of juice mixture to the dish
- Place in an oven preheated to 350 for about 40 minutes until fully cooked and juices are clear.
- If grilling this dish you would do everything the same except snip a small piece of rosemary and place inside a piece of foil and wrap chicken individually in foil.On a grill with low to medium heat cook until fully cooked leaving them wrapped in foil until done.