Pinoy Seafood Carbonara - Special Filipino Recipe
Filipinos have their own style of seafood cooking in Carbonara Recipe. They call it the Pinoy Seafood Carbonara. This is very much suitable on Holiday Seasons.
This seafood version of the delicious Pinoy Seafood Carbonara used the pre-cooked seafood mix. You can buy this one in supermarkets just right at the frozen area of the supermarket.
The common kind of product: Cream of Mushroom Condensed Soup is what I am using for the sauce. (You can find different brands in the grocery store)
Carbonara recipe ordinarily complicated but it is an alternative. There are many chefs use Cream of Mushroom.
Ultimately, you can have the choice in choosing your carbonara sauce. This Pinoy Seafood Carbonara dish matches exactly with my own kind of Cream of Mushroom Condensed Soup.
- 2 pcs. of 420g canned Cream of Mushroom Condensed Soup, bought from the grocery
- 1 kilo fettuccine pasta, cooked as per package instruction
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced button
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced shitake
- 1/2 kilo seafood, frozen mixed
- 1/2 head garlic, finely chopped
- 2 medium size onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup fresh milk or evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- parmesan cheese
- 3-5 tbsp. parsley flakes, dried
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil or cooking oil
- The sauteing of onion and garlic until fragrant.
- Stirring the mushrooms and dried parsley and stir cooking for two to three minutes.
- Adding the seafood. Stir cooking for two to three minutes.
- Adding the mushroom condensed soup and one to one and one half cup of water, simmer for two to three minutes.
- Stir and simmer the sour cream for one minute and adding of milk and cheddar cheese.
- The seasoning of pepper and salt for tasting, simmer for three to five minutes.
- Hit your choice of saltiness and next is the seasoning of pepper.
- Cornstarch into one third cup of water for thickening of the sauce and cook for one more minute until the thickness of the sauce.
- Pouring of the sauce on a platter of fettuccine pasta together with grated parmesan cheese as garnish.