Piquant sauce and Fish Puffs
- 250g Fresh or smoked cod or haddock
- Milk and water
- 125g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 150ml tepid water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 egg white
- Poach the fish in even quantities of milk and water sufficient almost to cover.Flake it.
- To make the batter beat flour,salt, oil, water and lemon juice.
- Leave for 15 minutes and beat again.
- Fold in firmly whisked egg white.
- Stir in the fish.
- Deep fry in hot fat, dropping mixture in a dessertspoon at a time.
- Fry about 3 minutes until golden.
- Drain on kitchen
- 30g margarine
- 30g flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt and Paper mix
- 300ml milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 egg yolk
- Chopped parsley or capers
- Melt margarine, add flour and seasoning, sizzle one minute.
- Stir in milk, boil one minute
- Add lemon juice.
- Mix 2 tablespoons sauce into egg yolk, return this to pan, hold over heat--do not boil.
- Add chopped parsley or capers.
- Serve the sauce separately.
# Always use quality utensils and ingredients to enjoy the real taste. This is a treat you must not miss.