This recipe is great for having with dinner or for a snack. Kids will enjoy these pizza buns, you can also have the kids help make them. They will love having some in their school lunches , and telling their friends they made them themselves.
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Yeast
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 1/2 cups Warm water
- Pizza sauce or spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon Sweet basil
- Shredded cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Dissolve the yeast in 1/2 a cup of warm water for about three minutes.
- In a big bowl add the flour and salt, mix together.
- Pour the yeast and the rest of the water, oil, and honey into the bowl.
- Mix and start to knead the dough for about 15 minutes or until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Cover the bowl of dough with a tea towel and wait 1 and a 1/2 hours for it to rise.
- Once the dough has rised sprinkle flour on the counter top and roll the dough out.
- Spoon on some pizza sauce thinly, and spinkle the italian seasoning and sweet basil.
- Sprinkle cheese overtop of the sauce.
- Carefully roll up the dough into a log.
- Cut about 1/2 inch pieces, they will kind of look like a cinnamon roll.
- Place buns on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Put into the oven and bake at 375 degrees for about 40 minutes or until lightly golden.