- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Delicious Bacon & Cabbage Pasta Recipe
This is traditional English Bubble & Squeak meets Italian pasta - delicious, cheap, extremely quick to make and the kids (and adults) love it.
..... for more fabulous recipes follow me on Pinterest
My husband came home with a wonderful Savoy Cabbage from his allotment and I didn't hesitate for a second on deciding what to do with it - tonight we're having Polish Pasta.
Now I'm not entirely sure if this is or isn't a traditional Polish recipe but about 30 years ago when I lived in Kensington, London I had a Polish friend who introduced me to this scrumptious dish and told me that her mother used to cook it for her and it always reminded her of home.
It is the easiest and simplest recipe that I know but it is a firm family favourite and I would love to share it with you. This is also one of the cheapest family meals, it's amazing!
1 Organic Savoy Cabbage
2 Large Organic White Onions
12 rashers of your favourite Free Range Bacon
1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
Pasta to serve 4 people
- Cut the Savoy Cabbage in half and remove the hard core, cut into 1cm slices and rinse well.
- Place into unsalted boiling water and bring to a rolling boil for 3-4 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Finely chop both the onions and place in a non-stick frying pan with a tablespoon of olive oil and gently fry until the onions are translucent and start to colour slightly.
- Chop your 12 rashers of bacon into small pieces and add to the onions in the frying pan.
- Add your drained cabbage to the frying pan and fry gently.
- While everything is sizzling away and filling the house with a gorgeous aroma, add your favourite pasta to boiling water and cook to your taste.
- Drain the pasta.
- When the frying pan mixture has started to crisp up mix with the pasta and serve.
And that my dear friends is the very easy and very quick Polish Pasta which takes about 20 minutes from cooker to table and I hope you enjoy it.