- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Poor Man's Fudge
I was stepping out the door when I caught the tail end of a conversation my mother-in-law was having. When I asked her what was being said she shared the simplest, cheapest fudge ingredients I have ever heard. There are 2 ingredients costing around $3.00 at the local Dollar General Store, its quick and has no complications. This is fast and easy and has become a holiday favorite of mine (and everyone who receives it as a gift). Enjoy.
- 1 can cream cheese or vanilla icing, name brand or generic
- 1 bag 16 oz chocolate or peanut butter chips, name brand or generic
- Use a nonstick pan. Turn burner on lowest setting and melt one 16 oz bag of chips (chocolate or peanut butter). Stir constantly until completely melted.
- Stir in one can of icing (cream cheese or vanilla). I prefer cream cheese icing in my chocolate fudge and vanilla icing in my peanut butter fudge, but it is affordable enough to experiment with to determine which you like best.
- Once the two ingredients are completely mixed, use a spoon to spread the mixture out in a greased (I use spray oil) 9 by 9 pan or one of your choosing depending on how thick you like your fudge to be.
- Let the mixture sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes, longer if you would like it to be more firm. Cut into squares and serve. Store at room temperature.
- Enjoy eating affordable, delicious fudge!