Delicious Poppy Seed Chicken Best Recipe Made Easy
Recipe For Poppy Seed Chicken
Poppy seed chicken has always been on of my favorite recipes and everyone that I know seems to enjoy it just the same. It can be fairly cheap to make poppy seed chicken if you intend on purchasing the store brand foods such as Great Value. This family recipe is delicious and easy to make. You can also modify each ingredient to your liking of taste.
Poppyseed Chicken Recipe
Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
Boil Time: 40-50 minutes
Bake Time: 30 minutes
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cans of condensed cream of chicken soup, 10.5 oz cans
- 1 container of sour cream, 16 oz
- 1 box of buttery round snack crackers, 4 stacks
- 2 tablespoons of poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup of butter or margarine, melted
- Boil chicken breasts approximately 40-50 minutes. Let cool.
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Dice or shred chicken breast into pieces, placing it in a 9 x 13 inch baking pan
- Mix the cream of chicken soup and sour cream into a medium or large mixing bowl. Stir well using a spatula to spread the mixture evenly on the chicken breast.
- Crush the buttery round crackers packing them on top of mixture.
- Pour melted butter or margarine over the layer of crackers.
- Top off with sprinkling poppy seeds.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let stand for a couple minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Dinner Is Served! Makes 4-6 Servings
Poppy Seed Chicken Side Dish
Personally, I like to deep fry seasoned french fries or onion rings as a side dish. And sometimes a light salad or asparagus. Whatever you decide is completely up to you. Poppy seed chicken does sound as good as it tastes. If you plan on making this recipe, come back, leave a comment or rating and let me know what you think.