- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Pork Recipes
Pork Chop Gyros
Pork Chop Gyros
- 2 lbs (4 chops) Center Cut Pork Chops, Thick Cut
- 2 Cucumbers, Scored, Halved, and Sliced
- 1/2 Red Onion, Thinly Sliced
- 5 Roma Tomatoes, Halved and Sliced
- 1 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp Dill, Fresh & Finely Chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic, Coarsely Chopped
- 6 Pitas, Premade
- ~3/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- ~3/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Oregano, Dried
- Salt and Pepper, To Taste
Fresh and Simple
- First, let's marinade those pork chops. Put the garlic, 4 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar, 4 Tbsp Olive Oil, Oregano, and Salt/Pepper in a 1 Gallon Ziplock bag. Place the meat in the bag, press to remove the air, and marinade while you prepare the rest of the meal. Turn occasionally during marinade period.
- While the meat is marinating, prep the cucumber tomato salad. Pour 4 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar, 4 Tbsp Olive Oil in a large bowl. Add Salt & Pepper and whisk. Use a fork to score the cucumber lengthwise, then cut it in half and slice 1/4 in thick. Add the veggies to the bowl of dressing as you go. Cut tomatoes in half and slice lengthwise. Cut the onion in long slices. Sprinkle with the Feta Cheese and stir gently to combine. Cover and place in refrigerator while you prepare the rest of the meal.
- Heat a large skillet (thick, cast iron used) to medium. Add 2 Tbsp Olive Oil. Remove the pork chops from the marinade and sear for 4 minutes on each side. Continue to cook, turning, until the pork chops reach an internal temperature of at least 145F.
- While the pork is cooking, in a medium bowl combine 2 Tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar, 2 Tbsp Olive Oil, 1 tsp Salt, Yogurt, and Dill.
- Let the pork rest for 5-10 minutes, then slice thin. Assemble meat in pita bread, followed by tomato cucumber salad, and top with dill sauce.
Eat with your eyes
© 2016 Melissa Althen