Pork Chops And Mushroom Gravy
I just love Pork Chops, especially Butterfly Pork Chops. They have little fat to trim off and are so tender. Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy is a very simple recipe that I have been making for years. Few ingredients are needed, it's easy to throw together at the end of a busy day and it cooks pretty fast. What's more, people love it! Even though I hate to admit Summer is coming to an end (sigh) I am beginning to think about Fall meals. This is one of our favorites.
"Lean pork" is recognized as a nutritious choice in the Meat & Beans Group. In fact, the MyPyramid information identifies lean cuts of pork, such as chops and ham. Most Americans don’t realize that many pork cuts are as lean as skinless chicken – and a great source of high-quality protein. Protein provides a feeling of fullness at meals, which can help make you feel satisfied without overindulging at the dinner table. When shopping, make sure to look for lean sources of pork with the word “loin” in the name, such as pork tenderloin or loin chop."
- 4 Butterfly Pork Chops
- 1 Family size can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 jar Sliced Mushrooms (you can use fresh Baby Bella Mushrooms instead)
- 2-3 Tbs. Olive Oil (or non-stick Cooking Spray, if you prefer)
How To Prepare
- Trim fat off of the Pork Chops.
- Heat Olive Oil over medium heat.
- Braise Pork Chops until they are browned on both sides.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and cover. Cook Pork Chops until they are no longer pink on the inside. This can take 20-30 minutes depending on the thickness of the Pork Chops.
- Add the can of Cream of Mushroom Soup to the pan and mix thoroughly.
- Add the jar of Mushrooms (or the Fresh Baby Bellas) and stir until well mixed
- Cover and cook for 20-30 minutes until the Pork Chops are fork tender, stirring occasionally
Prepare Your Side Dishes
I like to serve Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy along with Wild Rice or Brown Rice and a favorite in-season vegetable. For this meal I chose Uncle Ben's Original Wild Rice and Zucchini. The Wild Rice takes 25 minutes to cook, so plan accordingly.
My Zucchini was fresh from the garden.
- Wash the Zucchini and cut into thin slices.
- Heat 1 Tbs. Butter or Margarine and 1 Tbs. Olive Oil in a saucepan
- Add Zucchini to the sauce pan. Sprinkle with Garlic Powder and Dill Weed
- Cook for 10 minutes or until crisp tender