Pork Loaf: Ground Pork in a Tasty Loaf You Can Serve Hot or Cold
Most people enjoy meatloaves. They are simple, good, and easy to put together. They are great warm, topped with gravy and served along with mashed potatoes or can be sliced thinly and added to sandwiches or buns. Beef is a favorite but pork can also be used and offers a slightly different flavor.
This loaf is particularly nice to serve at Christmastime or any time you are having a crowd in and making lots of different menu items. Pork loaf adds variety.
Savory Pork Loaf
This recipe uses ground pork. Dried onion flakes and poultry seasoning are the magic ingredients that give this loaf its flavor.
Pork loaf can be baked ahead and frozen and then it's an easy matter to serve it when needed.
Pork Loaf Recipe
- 1 lb. of ground pork
- 1/2 cup grated onion or dried onion flakes
- 1 egg
- 1/2-1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup finely sliced spinach (optional)
- 1/2 cup or more of finely diced celery
- Generous shake or two of poultry seasoning (to taste)
- Salt & pepper to taste
Pork Loaf Ready for the Oven
Pork Meat Loaf
Place mixture into a greased loaf pan & bake for 1 hour or more until done, in 350-325-degree oven.
Pork loaf should sit & cool before slicing into thin slices.
Cooked Pork Loaf
How to Serve Pork Loaf
- Warm pork loaf is wonderful when cut into thick slices and served with mashed potatoes
- Pork loaf slices can also be topped with a mushroom gravy
- Cold pork loaf can be sliced thinly and served on crackers
- Cut cold pork loaf and sandwich between thick slices of homemade bread. Serve with hot mustard
Savory Pork Meat Loaf--Good Hot or Cold
Do You Enjoy Pork Loaf?
© 2010 Athlyn Green