Pork Loaf: Ground Pork in a Tasty Loaf You Can Serve Hot or Cold
Cooked Pork Loaf
Good Hot or Cold
Most people enjoy meatloaves. They are simple, good, and easy to put together. They are great warm, topped with gravy and served along with mashed potatoes or they can be sliced thinly and added to sandwiches or buns. Beef is a favorite but pork can also be used to make a tasty loaf and it offers a slightly different flavor.
This pork loaf is particularly nice to serve at Christmastime or any time you are having a crowd in and making lots of different menu items. Pork loaf adds variety and changes up the menu.
This recipe uses ground pork. Dried onion flakes and poultry seasoning are the magic ingredients that give this loaf its flavor.
- 1 lb. pork, ground
- 1/2 cup onion, grated (or dried onion flakes)
- 1 egg
- 1/2-1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup spinach, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup celery, finely diced
- 1-2 shakes poultry seasoning, generous
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Pork Loaf Ready for the Oven
Baking Pork Loaf
Place mixture into a greased loaf pan & bake in a 350-325-degree oven for 1 hour or more until done.
Pork loaf should sit & cool before slicing into thin slices.
How to Serve Pork Loaf
- Warm pork loaf is wonderful when cut into thick slices and served with mashed potatoes
- Pork loaf slices can also be topped with a mushroom gravy
- Cold pork loaf can be sliced thinly and served on crackers
- Cut cold pork loaf and sandwich between thick slices of homemade bread. Serve with hot mustard
Savory Pork Meat Loaf
Do You Enjoy Pork Loaf?
© 2010 Athlyn Green