Easy Pork Rib Recipe
There are so many fabulous rib recipes right here on HubPages, and everyone has their own way of making pork ribs. I remember my Dad used to take great pride in his ribs and always insisted that they must first be boiled. For many years I would boil them until one day I was a little short on time and decided to skip the boiling process. I found that they tasted great, the meat fell off the bones just as if I'd boiled them, and that is when I stopped using Dad's technique.
BBQ Ribs All Year Round
My family loves ribs, and we eat them all year round. In the colder winter months it is hard to stand outside by the BBQ, so I cook my ribs in the oven. We find that they taste just the same as if they were cooked outside.
- 7-8 pounds of back or side pork ribs
- 1 TBSP. of garlic powder
- 1/4 TSP. of freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 TSP. of Cajun Spice
- 1/2 Cup of water
How To Prepare The Ribs
Making A Rub
- 1 TBSP Garlic Powder
- 1/4 TSP Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/4 TSP Slap Ya Mama Cajun Spice
Mix these 3 ingredients together in a bowl and rub onto the ribs.
Into The Oven They Go
- Preheat oven to 280°F - 300°F
- Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil and lay the ribs fat side up.
- Add about 1/2 cup of water to the bottom of the pan.
- Cover with foil and bake for one hour.
- Remove ribs and turn them over. Continue cooking for another hour.
- Remove ribs, place oven rack on second from the top, and preheat broiler.
- While waiting for your broiler to heat up prepare your ribs.
- Place the ribs on a broiler pan and brush with your favorite BBQ sauce.
- Broil for about 6 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and turn the ribs over. Brush with BBQ sauce and broil for 6 minutes.
Look Good? Please Rate
Side Dishes To Go Along With Those Ribs
- Recipe Potatoes Sauteed In Garlic And Butter
An easy to follow recipe with pictures for potatoes sauteed in fresh garlic and butter. This delicious side dish goes well with anything.
- Recipe Coleslaw Oil and Vinegar Slaw With Garlic
This recipe for coleslaw is made without mayonnaise and uses oil and vinegar.