- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Stir Fry Pork Recipe and Chilli Pork Recipe
Two different Ingredients for Pork Stir Fry
Stir frying is the easiest and most nutritious way of cooking food especially vegetables because it takes less time to cook and therefore all the nutrients of the vegetables are intact because they won't be over cooked. Meat and vegetables lose their nutrients if they are cooked for longer time.
For me, I like this method of cooking because it is easier and quicker to cook food. If you have not got enough time to cook, stir frying is the answer. The most time it takes for me is half an hour including preparation. The only thing with stirfrying, is you have to get all ingredients cut up or sliced and ready before you start stir frying as this is really quick cooking.
With this kind of cooking, you can mix and match your ingredients. It doesn't have to be perfect, you can experiment which ingredients goes better with the kind of meat that you want to use. You can even just use vegetables on their own without meat if preferred, good for vegetarians.
Got quite a few ideas for stir fry but I will start with the pork stir fry first. This is how I cook it..This is my own recipe, I tried it and I like it so I keep cooking it. What I do sometimes is just change the meat like pork to chicken or beef or I just use vegetables or just change the vegetables.
I just like easy cooking method really. As much as I enjoy cooking, I don't want to be a slave of the cooker and get stressed cooking. Pork meat is also cheap to buy so it saves you and I some money and time.
Pork stir fry
Pork Stir Fry Recipe
Pork Stir Fry Recipe
- 3 pieces lean pork, sliced into thin strips
- 1/4 teaspoon or a pinch black pepper, ground
- 2 tablespoon chilli sauce, sweet or hot if you like
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1/2 of a whole(small) cabbage, chopped
- 2to 4 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 5 pieces spring onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
Delicious Pork Stir Fry
- Cut pork meat into thin strips-one inch long, marinade it with soy sauce, chilli sauce, and black pepper then set aside.
- Sliced the carrots set aside, chopped the onions and garlic, chopped cabbage then set aside.
- Stir fry onions and garlic with the cooking oil, ( make sure that wok or frying pan is very hot before putting garlic and spring onions). Take it out and set aside.
- Add pork meat and stir fry for five minutes until meat is brown and nearly cooked.
- Add the carrots and stir for two minutes then add cabbage keep stirring for a few minutes. Taste to see if it needs more soy sauce or if it needs more cooking.
- Now add the spring onions and garlic and stir, then serve it with plain boiled rice. Enjoy your stir fry.
Some useful Tips
With this recipe, you can use onions (bulbs) instead of spring onions. Also if you like it to be hot (spicy), you can use more hot chilli sauce or black pepper. I use sweet chilli sauce because I don't like it hot or spicy. You can use the hot chilli sauce if you like, it is spicy or you can use ground chilli as one of the ingredients.
If you are cooking for more people just increase the amount of your ingredients. It is better to marinade the meat for longer before cooking then it taste better.
Chilli Pork Recipe
Ingredients: Serves 4 people
11/4 lb pork fillet(tenderloin), cubed
1/2 inch piece root ginger, grated
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
salt and pepper to taste
2 teaspoon tomato puree
2 teaspoon chilli powder(can add more if you would like it hotter or spicier)
3 tablespoon groundnut oil or vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon paprika
2 sprigs of thyme
150ml hot stock
Herb sprigs to garnish
Chilli Pork Recipe
Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan. Add the cubed pork and stir fry for two to three minutes to brown and seal. Add the onion, ginger, garlic, chilli powder, thyme and paprika and continue stir frying for 2 minutes until the onion becomes soft.
Add the flour to the wok or saucepan, stir and cook for two minutes. Keep stirring occasionally. Stir in the tomato puree and remove from heat. Stir in the stock slowly. Return to the heat and cook, keep stirring until the sauce is thickened. Cover and cook gently for 15 minutes. Remove the thyme and check the seasoning before serving. Garnished with herbs. Serve it hot with rice.
© 2013 Linda Bryen