Pork with Chicken Adobo - Pinoy Special Recipe
Wherever you will go, you can find adobo dishes around the Philippines. In restaurants, adobo is served as a special dish.
All of the Filipino people eat adobo, unless you are a Muslim that does not eat pork. But adobo could also be cooked using chicken. Pork is served also in festival and thanksgiving holidays in the country. All levels of the society eat adobo pork.
Sometimes we could say that this is our national dish, in this country Philippines.
Let us get started with our cooking. Adobo is just so easy to cook. In fact, even kids could do this for cooking practice.
Adobo just needs few ingredients. In tradition, pork is used for cooking adobo and sometimes chicken. Now, we are going to combine both the pork and the chicken.
Cooking style of adobo is cooked slow with a soy sauce mixed with crushed garlic, black peppercorns, bay leaf and vinegar.
There are many styles of adobo recipe. Some may add tanglad (in English lemon grass).
- 1/2 kg pork, cut into serving pieces
- 1/4 kg chicken, cut into serving pieces - bones intact
- 1/4 kg chicken liver
- 1 thumb size ginger, sliced
- 1/2 head garlic, crushed
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 tsp. peppercorns
- 1/4 c. vinegar
- 2 stalk lemon grass
- 3 bay leaf
- 1/2 c. soy sauce
Steps in Cooking:
- First is to put in the pork right in a sauce pan and pour in 1/2-1 cup of water. Add also the soy sauce and the vinegar.
- Second part is to add all the spices and ingredients. Now, you have to boil and simmer with just a medium heat level for about 3-5 minutes.
- Third is to add the chicken meat chopped like those of the pork.Try to simmer the chicken for about three to five minutes also.
- Last will be the adding of the chicken liver. Then you have to continue to simmer the chicken liver for about two to three minutes.
- Continue to simmer the until it is cooked and the sauce thickens.
© 2013 Alphapx