Chicken Pot Pie Easy Recipe
How did you like it?
Chicken Pot Pie
This is one of the easiest, simplest pot pies that you can make. It's ingredients are wholesome, inexpensive, and of much better quality than what you can buy in the frozen food section or at a fast food chain drive-thru. It is a much better quality for the most part of YOU MADE IT! You know the cleanliness of yourself and your home, and you know what bacteria you are NOT putting in your food! Keep you and your family SAFE by feeding them things that you know are okay to eat!
- 2 9" Pie Crust, Frozen
- 2 lbs Chicken Breast, Boneless, Skinless
- 14 oz Chicken Broth, can
- 8 1/2 oz Peas and Carrots, can
- 11 oz Corn, Whole Kernal, can
- 1/2 cup Onion, Chopped
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 14 oz Milk
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1/3 cup Celery, Chopped, Optional
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Rinse and trim excess fat from boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Cut into small pieces. Cook meat in a large skillet or pot.
- Drain liquid from canned vegetables. Add vegetables to pot or skillet. Add approximately 2 cups of water, bring to boil to help soften the vegetables. Cook off 2/3 of the water, but allow meat and vegetables to remain submerged so that they will remain moist.
- In a separate small pot, add 1/2 cup of onions and 3 tablespoons of butter. Begin to cook the onions and butter on medium to high heat, until they become very soft.
- Add your can of chicken broth, half a can of milk, and approximately 1/3 to 1/2 cup of flour. Depending on the amount of flour and heat used, add more milk as necessary to keep the mixture more thin rather than thick. The pie crust and evaporation while cooking with reduce this moisture.
- Put your first frozen pie crust into your 9" greased pan. Drain the cooked meat and vegetables, and add that to your crust filled pan.
- Then add the sauce, being careful not to overfill and spill over the edges. (This will make a mess in your oven). Salt and Pepper the top of the sauce to taste.
- Add the second frozen pie crust to the top to cover the entire thing. Do not flatten. The heat will flatten the crust against the meat, vegetables and sauce.
- Cook at 425° for approximately 20 - 30 mins, keeping a close eye on the crust until it turns golden brown. Place pie on middle rack for best outcome.