- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Potato Onion Gratin
- 4 large potatoes, peeled
- 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- fresh powdered nutmeg & cinnamon, a pinch
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2-3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 large onions, finely sliced
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Slice the potatoes and onions very thinly and arrange them in a layer in a microwave-safe flat dish.
- Sprinkle some grated cheese, salt, chopped garlic and nutmeg-cinnamon powder. Pour some of the vegetable stock over all this.
- Continue layering with the potatoes and onion slices and grated cheese and then pour the rest of the stock over it all. Sprinkle grated cheese on top again.
- Bake in the microwave for 40-45 min. or until the potatoes are tender and the top is golden brown.