Potato Salad - Homemade Potato Salad (Simple And Easy Recipe!)
Yummy Homemade Potato Salad
Fort Kent, ME
Potato Salad has been around for years, and there are more version of it than you can count on your fingers. My one comes from Northern Maine. In my many moves, I spent about a year and a half in Fort Kent, Maine. Most of you might not have even heard of this place. It's one of the northern most town in Maine, and is separated from Canada by St. John River.
Living in Northern Maine for a year and a half taught me a lot of wonderful things along with being patient, doing with what you have, sticking to the community that you
build up, and how to keep yourself busy during the long winter months.
My friend-circle was limited, and made up of everyone from outside of Maine. I met some very interesting, and some very nice people. One of them was a neighbor of mine, and older lady, widow, children had moved out of home, and out of town.
Rate This Recipe
She taught me few recipes that I still use and everyone loves them. One of them was this simple Home Made Potato Salad. Her techniques were unique and I haven't seen them in any other recipes. Her mother had taught this to her, and since she had 3 grown boys with the least interest in potato salad recipes, she decided to pass it onto me. "ME" - a lonely city girl, far away from home with nothing much to do, I was honored!
Not that i am bragging or anything ... But Like most of my recipes, this one is also simple and easy to make, yet incredibly delicious!
Some Of The Ingredients
Ingredients For Most Delicious Home Made Potato Salad:
- 4 lrg, or 6 medium Potatoes
- 3 Eggs
- 1 1/2 tbsp Light Mayonaise
- 1 1/2 tbsp Fat Free Sour Cream
- 1 small (or 2 strands) Onion, or Scallion, completely optional
- 2 tbsp Dill, or Chive, Fresh
- 1 tsp Mustard, any kind
- 2/3 tsp Sugar
Chop The Dill
Dice the Potatoes
Boiling and preparing
- Peel the potatoes and cut them in halves. Place them in a pot with water and some salt, and boil them.
- While the potatoes are boiling, boil the eggs.
- Let everything cool.
- If you are using onion or spring onion then chop it into tiny cubes.
- Finely chop the dill.
- Take two of the boiled potatoes, mash them with a fork in a medium bowl, then cut the rest of the potatoes into cubes, about 3/4 " cubes. Mashing the potatoes gives the salad a smooth texture.
- Peel the eggs, chop them, then put them in the bowl with the potatoes.
- Add the Mayo, sour cream, mustard, and sugar to the potatoes.
- Put the chopped dill on top, and mix everything together making sure not to break the potatoes. Mix them enough so that everything is covered with the mayo mixture.
- Dish out and serve, or keep in the refrigerator for later. You can sprinkle some extra dill on top, or some sweet paprika to decorate.
Everything is in there!
This Home Made Potato Salad has a very smooth texture, and taste delicious. Great for taking with you to any potluck, barbecues, and picnics; or simply serve it at home for lunch or dinner.