Easy Potato Side Dish with Scallions & Pink Peppercorns
Tasty & Easy to Make
Also from this Author...
Potatoes Are Usually A Crowd Pleaser.
Mashed, oven-roasted, boiled, roasted or fried, most people LOVE potatoes. I am one of them. In addition to tasting great, potatoes are packed with nutritional value AND a great way to maintain lasting weight loss.
You may be thinking: WHAT? Weight Loss? But potatoes are full of carbs!
According to Dr Jacquie Lavin, a weight-loss doctor for Slimming World a principle key to lasting weight loss is eating foods that make you feel full for longer. She goes on to say, 'You should eat complex carbohydrates such as potatoes, rather than simple carbohydrates like sugar or biscuits which give a short energy boost followed by hunger pangs. In this way, potatoes can help you reduce binge-eating.'
In addition, potatoes are a "good source of vitamin B6 and a good source of potassium, copper, vitamin C, manganese, phosphorus, niacin, dietary fiber, and pantothenic acid. Potatoes also contain a variety of phytonutrients that have antioxidant activity." (to learn more, please visit:http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=48)
Here is an easy and delicious potato recipe for you to enjoy:
POTATO SIDE DISH WITH SCALLIONS & PINK PEPPERCORN
6 medium potatoes (red or white, peeled or unpeeled, as you prefer. If the skins are fine, I usually wash them well and add them, too).
2 large scallions
1-2 t. whole pink peppercorn- preferably in Salamoia (not alcohol)
handful fresh chopped parsley (optional)
leftover grilled vegetables- chopped (optional). I added some leftover zucchini.
salt and spices to taste
1. Cut potatoes into cubes and boil in water and salt.
2. Slice scallions and divide the white onion slices from the green stem slices
3. Drain potatoes when done and in the same pot add a generous amount of olive oil. Quickly sauté the white scallion slices.
4. When the white part is cooked, add any leftover grilled vegetables to heat them up and also the green scallion slices. Sauté for about 30 seconds.
5. Add potatoes, parsley, peppercorn and spices. Blend to coat potatoes evenly and serve.
Fast, easy, healthy, delicious...
Thank you for reading!
C. De Melo
Author & Artist