- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Salad Recipes
Potato Yogurt Salad
If you want to feel fresh, lively and younger looking always Made Salad a part of your routine diet. Because Salad is Made of low fat healthy elements from vegetables, fruits, grains and even meat.Salad can be made sweet or sour so the taste can be experimented according to your own choice. Salads are full nutrition and help digest heavy foods. So obviously it improves health in many ways. People suffering from heart, stomach or any other illness should eat salad. Now take a look at my recipe of Salad i am sure you will love this one.
- 1 1/2 kg Yogurt
- 1/2 kg Potato, boiled
- 3 round pig Tomato, cut in four pieces
- 1 medium Onion, sliced
- 1/2 kg peas, boiled
- 1 cup Gram flour
- 2 tbls Salt
- 5 big,fat green chillies, sliced
- 1/4 kg coriander leaves, choped
- 2 tsp Cumin Seed, powder
- Boil Potato and peas.
- Meanwhile take a bowl and put gram flour in it, add salt and cumin seed powder 1 tsp each in it and add water to make a thick liquid.
- Take a frying pan add oil for deep frying. Now take a table spoon and start making gram flour mixture small balls with it. Fry till they become light golden brown on medium heat.
- When these ball are ready put them aside. (dip in water for 1 minute before adding it to salad)
- Grind green chillies and coriander leaves with little water. Now take a deep mixing bowl add yogurt, Salt 1,1/2 tbs, cumin seed powder 1 tsp and green mixture in it. Now mix it well.
- It time to add boiled peas, potato, gram flour ball, sliced tomatoes, onion in yogurt. Salad is ready.
- Put in serving bowl, garnish with tomato and coriander leaves.
Potato is rich in nutrition they provide us with vitamins, potassium, fiber, thiamine, riboflavin, foliate, magnesium, phosphorous, iron, and zinc. This is low fat diet with fewer calories that’s why is a blessing for patients of all type. They are also easily digested and really good for health. So the addition of potato to any food will obviously benefit us in many ways. Potatoes can be used in many ways but its best to use them backed or boiled to save its nutrition.
Yogurt is dairy product which is low in Saturated Fat and Cholesterol. It is also a good source of Protein, Vitamin B12, Pantothenic Acid, Potassium and Zinc, and a very good source of Riboflavin, Calcium and Phosphorus. So an addition of yogurt in any salad or meal will make it treasure of nutrition. Yogurt can be used in many ways and it can be made sweet as well as salty. Potato and yogurt together make a delicious combination.
Green peas are another important vegetable in this salad which is added to enhance it taste as well as color. Peas are very low in Saturated Fat, Cholesterol and Sodium. It is also a good source of Protein, Vitamin A, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Foliate, Magnesium, Phosphorus and Copper, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Thiamin and Manganese. They are good for health in many ways as they help in weight loss, prevent stomach cancer and act as anti-aging element.