- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Potato and Leek Soup
Tasty and simple potato and leek soup
If you want a soup that is delicious, simple to make and hearty then potato and leek soup is just what you are looking for. I have made this soup on many occasions and it is the perfect meal idea when you are having a bunch of people over for a family function. This is easy and does not require your whole day to make it. As well it is reasonably inexpensive and tastes great.
* The recipe below is for 4 servings, this can easily be doubled if you are cooking for larger groups. Adding more leeks or potatoes than the recipe provides is ok as well, after all this is cooking and it is fun to experiment with your recipe.
- 45 ml 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups leeks, white part and a little green, thinly sliced
- 3 Yukon Gold potatoes
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Heat the butter in a large soup pot over medium high heat. Add onions and leeks and sauté until soft, about 3 minutes. Add potatoes, season and stir, coating well with melted butter. Add the stock, bay leaves and thyme and cook until potatoes are very soft. Puree soup in a blender or food processor, adding lemon juice and seasoning to taste.