- Food and Cooking
Potato Bajji: delicious South Indian Snack recipe
Potato bajji is a popular delicious snack recipe in India, especially in south India. Learn how to make potato bajji by following this recipe. Bajji can be made with potato, onion or bell peppers to suit the taste of your guests. It is spicy and is a delicious evening snack and serves as a great appetizer for any party. You can serve bajji with coriander chutney or tomato sauce or any other hot sauce. Sambar and Coconut chutney are great too.
Recipe for Potato Bajji
- Besan flour(chickpea flour)- 1 cup
- Rice flour- 2 tablespoon
- Bicarbonate of soda- 1/2 teaspoon
- kesari powder- a pinch
- Chilli powder- 2 teaspoon
- Ginger garlic paste- 1 teaspoon
- Water- 1/2 cup
- Potato- 2 thinly sliced
- Salt- as required
- oil- for deep frying
How to make potato bajji:
1. Sift the besan flour, rice flour, bicorbonate of soda, chilli powder, ginger garlic paste and kesari powder into a bowl.
Tip: If you think it is too much work to prepare your own flour, just buy the instant flour mix from any Indian grocery store or from Amazon.
2. Add water to make a smooth creamy batter, adding a little more water if necessary.
3. Heat the oil in a deep frying pan and dip the potato into the batter, one at a time.
4. when it turns light brown, turn over and fry another side.
5. Serve the potato bajji or the other variations hot with coconut chutney or tomato ketchup or tamarind sauce or coriander chutney or any of your favorite dip.
Tip: You can also substitute sliced onion, brinjal(eggplant), paneer, egg, cauliflower or capsicum (bell pepper).
Check out these great products
- Sakkarai Pongal - Sweet Pongal Recipe
Sakkarai pongal is a sweet variation of ven pongal. Learn how to make sakkarai pongal/ sweet pongal by following this recipe. Sakkarai pongal is made with rice, moong dal, jaggery and seasoned with...