- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Easy Potato and Beef Soup Recipe
Ingredients - Potato and Beef Soup Recipe
- Brown rice
- Green bell pepper
- Tomato sauce 4-6 ounce can
- Garlic glove
- Seasonings -- Mrs. Dash, black pepper, parsley flakes, onion flakes
Potato and Beef Soup Recipe Instructions
Cut the beef meat into cubed pieces, season the beef and put in a pot size of your choice. Add water in the pot to boil on medium heat. While the beef cubes are boiling begin to cut the potatoes into medium sized cubed pieces also. You can shave the potato skins if you want to or keep the peelings on. Rinse the potato cubes then add them in the boiling pot.
Add the carrots to the pot, you can use frozen carrots or you can cut your own carrots. Now cut celery pieces into the soup pot. Add the onion flakes and the parsley flakes if you already haven't added them. You can add the three options to the pot of soup; brown rice, green bell pepper, and/or garlic. Let pot cook for 35 – 45 minutes.
Nutrition Benefits of Potato Soup
- Beef - High in protein, good for muscle tone and contains iron for healthy blood in the body. Also eating beef once a week can prevent tiredness and fatigue.
- Potatoes - Is a vegetable that assists with preventing heart disease and decreases inflammation in the body. The vitamins found in potatoes are: iron, protein, niacin, vitamin C and carbohydrates.
- Carrots - High in antioxidants which can also help reduce inflammation in the body. The beta carotene found in carrots assists with: reducing cancer, improves blurry vision, and strengthens your heart activity.
- Celery - Helps to reduce and cholesterol. Celery is a great antioxidant that assist with reducing inflammation that causes arthritis and asthma symptoms. Celery contains iron, calcium, vitamin B6, vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin C, and vitamin K. Many people may not know what vitamin K is good for; it contains properties that help your blood to clot faster, rather than losing a lot of blood. high blood pressure
- Brown Rice - Is a 100% whole grain that does not contain starch. Brown rice is high in fiber and iron, which is good for people that have (low blood pressure) anemia. Eating a regular diet of brown rice every week can potentially reduce: childhood asthma, cardiovascular disease, diabetes and weight gain.
My other article - Chicken Dumplings Soup Recipe
© 2012 Ann810