- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Potato masala is a simple recipe which is suitable for chappathi, rice and nan also.
- 1 Medium Onion
- 5 Gm Ginger
- 4 Cloves
- 3 Piece Cinnamon
- 2 Cup Water
- 1 1/2 Kg Pottatoes
- 1 3/4 Teaspoons Turmeric Powder
- 2 Cup Mustard Oil
- 2 Curry Leaves
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Medium Onion, Sliced
- 1 Big Tomato, Sliced
- 3 1/2 Teaspoons Chilly Powder
- 2 1/2 Teaspoons Cumin Powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Ghee
- Mix onion and ginger to make a fine paste.
- Grind cloves and cinnamon in a mixer grinder.
- Pour one cup water into the cooker and put potatoes in it.
- Close the cooker and heat in a high flame atleast 5 minutes. Then low flame and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove the cooker from the fire and slowly lift the weight and release all air in the pressure cooker.
- Open the cooker and take the potato and peel it. Then spread 3/4 teaspoon turmeric powder and stir well.
- Take the potatoes into 3 equal portions. Heat oil in a pan for 5 minutes. Put the each portions of the potatoes and fry it. Then drain the oil from it.
- Take a deep pan and pour 1/4 cup oil and heat it. Add curry leaves and cumins, saute for few seconds. Add the chopped onions and fry till the masala becomes brown. Then add the grinded masala in it and saute another 2 minutes.
- Then add tomato, chilly, cumin, coriander powder, salt, sugar, 1 teaspoon turmeric powder and stir till oil separates. Cook this for 3 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and stir carefully mix well the masala and the potatoes slowly. Then add the grinded masala and 1 cup water and stir oncemore. Cook this for 5 minutes in a low flame.
- Remove the pan from the fire and pour ghee on the potatoes slowly. Serve hot.