Pound cake grilled cheese
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 15 min
Ready in: 20 min
Yields: As many as you like!
- Pound cake, Sliced in approximately 1/4 inch slices
- Plain Cream Cheese
- Jelly, your choice of flavor
- 3 eggs
- powdered sugar
- 2 Tbs. butter
- Beat eggs with whisk in small bowl. Add 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon.
- Heat butter in medium skillet on medium heat until melted.
- Dip pound cake in egg mixture on both sides, like making french toast. Slightly brown on pan, on both sides.
- Assemble sandwiches, add a thin slice of cream cheese and appx. 1 Tbs. of jelly. Heat sandwich on both sides until inside is melted.
- Serve warm, on a plate with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and sprinkled with powdered sugar.