Prawns In Coconut Milk Recipe.
Prawn in coconut milk
Prawns in Coconut milk:
Sea food is though not something we guys from New Delhi are used to but this is very popular in western coastal regions of India especially in state of Maharashtra. Being coastal area Prawn and coconut are in abundant supply there. One of very tasty and healthy dish from coastal regions of India. In this dish peeling of tiger prawns is very important. Tiger prawns shouldn’t be over cooked. For people not living in India, i can understand that you may not get everything fresh so dried or canned ingredients can be used too. Also am putting Amazon.com links where you can get some Indian spices if you find it difficult to get in local stores.
1. Tiger Prawns : 1 pound cooked and peeled.
2. Olive Oil / sunflower oil : 4 tsp
3. Mustard seeds : 1 tsp
4. Onion: 1 finely chopped.
5. Fenugreek seeds : ½ Tsp
6. Ginger puree : 2Tsp
7. Garlic Puree : 2 Tsp
8. Green Chillies: 2 finely chopped.
9. Grounded coriander : 1 tsp
10. Red chilli powder : ½ Tsp
11. Turmeric Powder : ½ Tsp
12. Salt : 1 Tsp
13. 250ml/ 9 fl oz of coconut milk ( fresh or canned both are good)
14. Juice: Juice of half lemon.
15. Black pepper Crushed : ½ Tsp
16. Curry Leaves : 12 fresh ( dried if fresh not available)
How to Make:
1. Take a pan and heat 3 Tsp of Olive oil. Keep in mind that it should be on medium to high heat.
2. When oil is heated first add mustard seeds and then add to it fenugreek seeds.
3. When seeds start making noises add finely chopped onions in to it.
4. Cook for about 5 minutes till onions are soft but not brown. Stir continuously while doing this.
5. Now to this mixture add garlic puree, ginger puree and chopped green chillies.
6. Cook for another 5 minutes or so till onions turn light golden colour. Stir continuously while doing this.
7. Now add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder in to this mixture and cook for a minute stirring continuously.
8. Now add salt and coconut milk in this mixture. cook for another 30 seconds.
9. Now add prawns and tamarind juice to it.
10. Simmer the heat and bring to boil and once boiled cook for another 4 minutes on low heat.
11. Take another very small pan and heat one Tsp of olive oil over medium to high heat.
12. When oil is boiled add grounded pepper and curry leaves.
13. Now turn off heat and let the leaves sizzle for about half a minute.
14. Now take this oil with leaves and put it in the pan containing prawns.
15. Prawn in coconut milk is now ready.
16. Take away from heat and serve hot.
17. Serve it with buns and cucumber.
Do you like prawns
More Food Hubs From Me
- Mushroom Bhajji
My personal favourite in vegetables is mushroom. Mushrooms are not only easy to digest but are very healthy. Here I am going to put one easy recipe of mushroom. Mushroom is easy to get and it got nice colour and texture and makes a very appealing dis
- Chicken Korma
Chicken Korma is a very tasty dish from South of India and since it is from South India so it is full of calories. If you are not watching your weight then you should try this dish. Very tasty and this dish is little dry in consistency as compared to
- Chicken Do Piaza
Chicken Do Piaza goes back to Mughal era of India. How did this dish got his name no one knows but it is thought that Mulla Do Piaza ( a minister in court of Great emperor Akbar) invented it but this looks like a myth because Mulla Do piaza was not a