Prawns and Peppers in Garlic
Quick, Simple and Delicious
This dish is originally adapted from a Tapas dish. The prawns and the peppers combined in the garlic oil are tasty and moreish.
The recipe suggests crusty bread to serve, though a nice foccaccia bread toasted is delicious. Alternatively they can be combined with a portion of spaghetti or tagliatelle to make a more hearty meal.
- 500g Raw king prawns, shelled and prepared
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 Red peppers, deseeded, cored and thinly sliced
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 1/2 Lemon, Juiced
- 6 tablespoons Dry white wine
- 1 serving Focaccia bread, per person
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok and add the sliced red peppers. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes stirring occasionally until they are soft. This is dependent on how crispy you like your peppers.
- Slice the garlic thinly into rough slices and add to the pan. Cook for 30 seconds until softened and golden
- Add the prawns to the frying pan and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, tossing on occasion. The prawns once cooked should turn pink. Precooked prawns can be used and heated through
- Add the lemon juice and stir for 30 seconds then add the white wine and cook for a further 2 minutes until the prawns curl and shrink slightly
- Serve the mix hot on toasted crunchy bread to mop up the garlic sauce
You May Also Like
- How to Make a Simple Chocolate Ganache
The name is enough to put some people of attempting a ganache. This delicious cake covering is easy to make and has multiple uses. it can be used to cover cakes, fruit, filling cakes or croissants. Basically it easy, quick to make and versatile to...
- Sponge Cake. Simple and All in One
This cake could not be simpler and is particularly great for people afraid or new to making sponge cakes. All the ingredients go into the bowl and mixed together, there are no separate steps, it is literally that simple. Two cakes can be made and...
- How to make a Mushroom Sauce
Making a mushroom sauce is easy and if done well then tastes delicious. This can be used to cover a steak or is delicious with oven done chicken breasts. First of all you will need the following. The quantities for these are all dependent on how...