Profiteroles are a french dessert which is also know as a cream puff.Profiteroles are small light puffy buns made of choux pastry drizzled in chocolate sauce.It is an pastry that can be done in a pan.
- 1/2 stick Butter
- 1/2 cup flour, sifted
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1/2 cup water
- 8oz chocolate
- 4 tablespoons water, for the sauce
- whipping cream
- Preheat the oven 400 degrees and grease a baking sheet.
- Cut up your butter and heat it in a pan with the water and once the mixture starts to boil remove from the heat and all at once add the flour.
- Beat the mixture until it is smooth and comes away from the edges of the pan.This should only take a few minutes.
- Cool the mixture for about 5 minutes then beat in the eggs slowly by adding a bit at a time to make a thick,smooth,glossy paste.
- Put teaspoons of the pastry on the baking sheet and put in the oven.After 10 minutes turn the temperature up to 425 degrees and bake for another 15-20 minutes until they buns look golden brown being light and air inside.
- Take them of the pan and place on a rack to cool and put a prick with a knife with each one to let the steam out.Add your whipping crean to a bowl and stir until thick.
- Take your chocolate and put in a bowl and add 2 tablespoons water to the bowl and put the bowl of chocolate on top of a pan of boiling water.Gently melt the chocolate while stiring it until smooth then put aside.
- Make a hole in the side of each profiteroles and fill them with a teaspoon of whipped cream or cut in half(i use a piping bag) and then pile them on a plate and pour the chocolate sauce over them.
If you don't like cream you can also add ice cream or fill with caramel.You can sprinkle powder sugar on top of the chocolate to decorate the profiteroles.