- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Quick & Easy Breakfast – Oatmeal Pancake Recipe
You’ve heard it a thousand times, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. “But I don’t have time for breakfast,” you think. So you grab a cup of coffee, maybe a breakfast bar or a piece of fruit on your way out the door, and an hour later you’re hungry. Well, I want to challenge you to set your alarm 15 minutes earlier to make and eat an oatmeal pancake. With a mix of carbohydrates, protein and a little fat, this breakfast will keep you energized all morning. This recipe is also perfect for kids to eat before school. They will be more alert and ready to learn with a tummy full of nutritious food. And it literally only takes 15 minutes to makeand eat, then you can be out the door.
Oatmeal Pancake Recipe type: Breakfast Prep time: 1 min. Cook time: 4 mins. Total time: 5 mins. Serves: 1.
A quick and easy breakfast that will keep you full all morning long!
- 1 egg
- ½ C. rolled oats (I like Bob's Red Mill brand)
- ½ t. vanilla
- ½ t. cinnamon
- 1 T. natural peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 t. maple syrup (sometimes I use organic maple/agave blend from Trader Joe's)
- Heat small pan or griddle over medium high heat.
- Beat the egg, oats, vanilla and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Pour into pan, making sure it spreads out into pancake shape and cook for 2-3 minutes then flip and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Serve with peanut butter or almond butter and maple syrup.
- (Multiply ingredients based on how many pancakes you want to make-the above ingredients make one pancake).
No more excuses… Eat your breakfast!