- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
How to make Puli Sadham or Puliyogare South Indian Tamilnadu or Madras Style Recipe
This hubpage teaches you how to make Puli Sadham or Puliyogare South Indian Tamilnadu or Madras Style Recipe. Puliyogare or Puli sadham is a typical South Indian Variety Rice Recipe. Easy to cook. Delicious to eat.
Very often carried best food for picnic spots. Tamarind would preserve your food for longer duration. Hence people sometimes, make nice tamarind paste and mix with boiled rice for quick lunch preparation. Try cooking yourself and enjoy it. Also don't forget to share your feedback.
Puli Sadham or Puliyogare South Indian Tamilnadu or Madras Style Recipe
Puliyogare Rice South Indian Madras Style
- 200 grams Tamarind (seedless)
- 3 tea spoon Gingelly oil
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp Sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp Bengal Gram / Chana dhal
- 1 tsp Urad dhal
- 1 tsp Fenugreek
- 3 tsp Peanuts
- 5 to 8 leaves Curry leaves
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 tsp Jaggery powder
- 4 Red chillies (broken into pieces)
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida powder
- 2 cups Boiled Rice - (such that it serves 2 people)
- Take a cup of hot water. Soak the Tamarind in it for 1/2 hour to 1 hour. Later squeeze the thick paste and filter it in a cup. This process allows extraction of juice from Tamarind.
- In a pan, pour gingelly oil. When oil is hot, add the mustard seeds. Allow the seeds to crackle.
- Add Red chilies, Bengal gram, Peanuts, Urad dal and allow them to become golden brown.
- Add Sesame seeds, Cumin seeds, Fenugreek, Asafoetida powder, Curry leaves along with the ingredients in the pan. Continue to fry for 2 minutes.
- Pour the Tamarind juice in the pan, mix well and leave for 3 minutes to boil in light flame.
- Mix Turmeric powder, Jaggery Powder, Salt and stir continuously to become a thick paste.
- Transfer the Tamarind paste to a dry airtight container.
- Take the required boiled rice and mix with the tamarind paste.
- Serve hot and enjoy the delicious taste of spicy Tamarind rice / Puliyogare. Dish can be served along with Raitha / Brinjal with Potato Curry, Pickles.