- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Pumpkin Fudge Recipe
When the seasons change from Summer to Autumn, new seasonal foods start to become available. Autumn always makes me think of pumpkin, an extra versatile vegetable, so I thought I'd share a pumpkin fudge recipe with everyone! If you have the pumpkin spice bug like so many people get during the fall, this combination of creamy fudge and sweet pumpkin flavors will be sure to please. It's a nice alternative to traditional rich and chocolaty fudge recipes and it's really easy to make too!
- 1Cup milk
- 3 Cups sugar
- 3 Tbs light corn syrup
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 Cup pumpkin pulp, cooked or canned
- 4 Tbs. butter/margarine
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- Combine milk, sugar, corn syrup and salt in a heavy saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until it begins to boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer after it starts to boil. Cook the mixture until it reaches 234 degrees Fahrenheit on your candy thermometer.
- When it reaches the correct temperature remove from heat. Beat in Pumpkin, butter, vanilla and allspice.
- Beat the mixture with a wooden spoon until it looks glossy.
- Pour into a stoneware platter, marble slab or well greased/ wax paper lined baking pan.
- Wait for the fudge to cool and then cut into squares.