Harry Potter Pumpkin Juice Punch For Thanksgiving and Halloween
Are you looking for a unique beverage to serve at your Halloween or Thanksgiving get-together? Here's a recipe I followed, inspired by the Harry Potter books.
(Psst...don't be scared! It was a big hit at my last party, and most of my family and friends don't take to new things easily.)
First of all, I recommend you buy a big glass punch bowl. I purchased a nice one at Walmart for about $15.
Pumpkin Juice Punch
- 96 oz bottle of Apple Juice
- Gallon jug of Apple Cider
- 1 jar of Apricot preserves
- 1-14 oz can of pumpkin puree
- Brown Sugar
- cinnamon to taste
Your punch will be blended in a food processer, so you will need to do it in batches. My Ninja processer worked great for this.
In one batch, you'll need:
- 2 cups apple juice
- 2 cups Apple Cider
- 2 tbsp apricot perserves
- 4 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Blend until the pulp is gone.
- Pour the liquid into the punch bowl and repeat until your punch bowl is full.
- After you pour all your liquid in the bowl, a lovely creamy foam will rise to the top. At this point, sprinkle on a little more cinnamon to decorate.
for an extra"kick", mix a shot spiced rum into your glass of pumpkin juice. Trust me, it's awesome! I think the Pumpkin taste is great; just a hint without being overpowering. It's a very festive fall cider that your guests will love! Enjoy!