Pumpkin Muffin Recipe
The following is a quick and simple recipe for making pumpkin muffins. It's great as a breakfast muffin in the morning, or drizzle with some black and orange icing and its a perfect treat for the kids Halloween party. The following recipe will make around 10-12 yummy muffins.
Ingredients for making perfect pumpkin muffins:
- 6 oz plain flour
- 6 oz brown sugar
- 4 oz pureed prunes
- 4 oz golden syrup
- 9 oz pureed pumpkin
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon cinnammon
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
You will also need:
2 large mixing bowls
muffin baking tray
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6/390 degrees farenheit or 200 degrees centigrade.
- Grease the muffin tray to avoid the mixture sticking.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the pureed pumpkin, prunes, syrup, sugar and egg whites. Stir until they are well mixed.
- In the other bowl, mix the flour, nutmeg, cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda.
- Add the bowl containing the wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients.
- Mix together gently, do not beat. This will ensure that the mixture stays light and fluffy.
- Divide the mixture evenly into the compartments in the muffin tray.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow the muffins to cool in the tray.
- Turn out and enjoy!
Pumpkin muffins are delicious at any time, but especially nice on cold autumn mornings or evenings. For a different variation, you could try adding some chocolate chips or raisins to the mixture before cooking.